• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What the fuck?

80mg

Bluelighter
So last night. Im pretty sure I had an hour long panic attack. Let me begin with some background info.

I'm a 19 year old recovering opiate addict. I been using since Im about 15. I been stabilized on suboxones and suboxones only for about 3 weeks so far. I smoke marijuana too. I have a history of panic attacks.

So, last night I'm layig in my bed. I havent slept much in two days. About four hours. Why? I had alot f bad dreams and generally stressed out about a ingrown tooth with a cyst in my mouth. I know I HAVE too get it pulled but Im such a bitch with surgerys. Anyway so Im laying in my bed, smoke some pot and all of a sudden my cardio and breasthing goes up. Too the point that I get up and try "walking it out" laying diffrent ways, even went too my mothers room because I was so scared too be alone! About a hour, everytime I TRYED too calm myself I kept thinking of negative horrible shit. Like am I having a heart attack? Am I gonna die? Even if I do live whats the point?...you get the idea. Finally I calmed down alot in my moms room, went in my room, it flared up again, then KI layed down and shut the lights off and FINALLY passed out. I slept about 15 hours, woke up and felt like a million bucks. I was at my suboxone doctors office today and I told him what happend. He felt it was an anxiety attack since my blood preaure was normal, and my heart sounded fine even as I was convinced it was flaring up again when I was being examined.

I take 4mg of suboxone strip a day, and Im thinking it may have been the pot that gave me these symptons. When I smoke, my heart beat increases, its always been like this...think it was jsut a painc attack? or something more?

What would cause you to think that what happened was something other than a panic attack? Reading your story I didn't think of any other explanations.

That experience does sound similar to a panic attack. If smoking increases your heart rate, this could have contributed to the anxiety attack, as sometimes physical symptoms can stimulate panic.

That is actually one of the better descriptions I've heard of what a panic attack feels like. Especially the need to get up move, seek other people, impending doom well said. Perhaps a little tingly and almost dissociated as well eh?

I've had a few in a row a couple years back. I still get the onset occasionally but now that I know what it is I'm just like hey body fuck off and they stop.

Definitely nothing to worry about though. And to all those better safe then sorry people out there...especially because you felt it when the doc was listening and he said it was nothing (i.e. triggered by the doc and no elevated HR)

^^if it was Supraventricular tachycardia, you'd probably expect a much faster regaining of consciousness, otherwise there'd be some serious problems (death, brain damage etc). Plus with a history of anxiety panic attacks would probably be much more likely. I'm no expert, but that's what it seems like to me.

OP: as long as you're ok now, hopefully it won't happen any time soon. If it's re-occuring you should probably see a doctor though. Hope you're doing alright, take care

weed can exacerbate/create anxiety. that's one of the biggest reasons why people don't smoke it (in terms of effects). maybe you should smoke less marijuana or stop altogether, at least for the time being?